I installed KDS 3.2 and MQX 4.2 but Debugg MQX TAD drop down menu is missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I installed KDS 3.2 and MQX 4.2 but Debugg MQX TAD drop down menu is missing

takmingmarcopan
Contributor II

Good Morning! [EDIT: MQX PLUGINS ARE INSTALLED. This issue isn't from not installing it but the lack of menu in the debug perspective]

I have recently purchased a new laptop and tried installing KDS 3.2 (By itself) then MQX (4.2) both in my c:\Freescale folder. Due to previous success on my old laptop, I was about to get everything running fine!

The problem is as follows: There is no MQX dropdown menu, even when I am in the debug perspective. 
I have already re-installed the plugins, KDS AND MQX to no avail. So can someone at NXP answer my question?
(I've sift through about 20 other pages and none of them are relevant or just says 'Look at Debug Perspective', when that is NOT the case.) 

Thank you in advance!

Attachment is a screenshot of where MQX is meant to be.
Capture.PNG

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I develloped project into KDS few years ago.

Since, I change My computer and reinstal KDS v3.2.

But Plugin for MQX not installated.

Then I follow procedure said above, But error message appears:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad,1.0.9.201508111009
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.eclipse,1.0.9.201508111009

Is because the link to the website is always under "Freescale".

May be it has change since NXP?

Thank

THis is urgent.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

You can check the below information to check whether the MQX plug-in installed successfully.

click Help--> about Kinetis Design Studio --> Install Details

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

takmingmarcopan
Contributor II

Hey Daniel, I'm afraid you have not provided any new information.
I have already installed and reinstalled KDS3.2 AND the MQX plugins.
I hope the screenshot helps (I highlighted the two plugins you requested I install, which I already have before and after your suggestion)
Thank you!MQX plugins are Installed.PNG

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tak Ming Marco Pang

Installing MQX TAD plugin would be a 'normal' solution in 'normal' situation.

If this not work for you, I would suggest you uninstall KDS and MQX, delete the KDS and MQX physical folders. Installl KDS again, Install MQX plug in again,  Install MQX again, then MQX menu should be in Debug view.

If this still not work, maybe KDS does not treat your project as MQX project.  please check whether your project is really a MQX project? try to import the hello world demo in MQX installation folder and try it again。

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tak Ming Marco Pang

I think this issue is resulted from lack of MQX plug-in, please double check whether you have installed MQX plug-in. Please follow the following steps:

Menu    Help->Install New Software...

pastedImage_3.png

Select MQX RTOS Plug-ins

pastedImage_4.png

Then continue to finish the install process.

Regards

Daniel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help to mark 'correct answer' or click helpful if it it helpful, thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos