cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enet_ping_mpc5748g example failed to build

jamesx
Contributor II

Hi there,

when we try to build the "enet_ping_mpc5748g" example from the "S32 SDK EAR 0.8.0", we meet some errors on the ProcessorExpert code generation phase, error info as attached (we have followed the tip inENET on DEVKIT MPC5748G about "adjust  ENET0 RMII Transmit Clock pin as output and regenerate code" to fix the first issue of this example already.) -

屏幕快照 2017-09-21 下午11.50.14.png

屏幕快照 2017-09-21 下午11.50.25.png

we cannot select any other options for the "MII configuration" except "-1", the related settings in the ProcessorExpert.pe file are -

<ItemState>
<ItemSymbol>enetCfg_miiMode0</ItemSymbol>
<ReadOnly>false</ReadOnly>
<UserReadOnly>false</UserReadOnly>
<PropertyModelIsAutomatic>false</PropertyModelIsAutomatic>
<Index>0</Index>
<EnumSymbVal>-1</EnumSymbVal>
<Value>-1</Value>
</ItemState>
<ItemState>
<ItemSymbol>enetCfg_miiSpeed0</ItemSymbol>
<Index>1</Index>
<Value>-1</Value>
</ItemState>
<ItemState>
<ItemSymbol>enetCfg_miiDuplex0</ItemSymbol>
<Index>1</Index>
<Value>-1</Value>
</ItemState>

we tried to modified this section in the ProcessorExpert.pe file manually to be the following, but when we run ProcessorExpert to regenerate code, those configs are changed to be "-1" again.  Can anyone help on this ?

<ItemState>
<ItemSymbol>enetCfg_miiMode0</ItemSymbol>
<Index>0</Index>
<EnumSymbVal>ENET_MII_MODE</EnumSymbVal>
</ItemState>
<ItemState>
<ItemSymbol>enetCfg_miiSpeed0</ItemSymbol>
<Index>1</Index>
<EnumSymbVal>ENET_MII_SPEED_100M</EnumSymbVal>
</ItemState>
<ItemState>
<ItemSymbol>enetCfg_miiDuplex0</ItemSymbol>
<Index>1</Index>
<EnumSymbVal>ENET_MII_FULL_DUPLEX</EnumSymbVal>
</ItemState>

the Processor Expert plugin version is 1.1.0.RT7_b1724-0711 which is the current latest version available for the S32 DS for Power Architecture v1.2.

Thanks!

7 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have already had an issue to generate code from Processor Expert. I set PG[1] as output in Component Inspector and now I am able to generate code and also compile the project. Please check the figure below:

pastedImage_1.png

Please let me know, if you are able to reproduce it on your side.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

jamesx
Contributor II

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

Yes, i can reproduce this error, i tied removed and recreate the example project and got the same result. I have tried the tx clock pin fix  as i mentioned in this thread: "(we have followed the tip in ENET on DEVKIT MPC5748G about "adjust ENET0 RMII Transmit Clock pin as output and regenerate code" to fix the first issue of this example already.) "

I am using S32 DS for power architecture v1.2 under Linux, is this because my env is different with yours ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello James,

I checked your error with SDK team this morning and unfortunately, SDK is not supported in Linux version of S32 Design Studio and because you do not have Processor Expert available, it is not possible to change the pad direction.

Could you please test the example in S32DS for Windows and let me know, if my solution works on your side?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

bilalmajeed
Contributor II

Hey,

I am experiencing similar problems also with Linux. Do we have timeline when Processor Expert would be supported on linux

Thanks 

0 Kudos

jamesx
Contributor II

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for your reply!

What do you mean by "SDK is not supported in Linux version of S32 Design Studio and because you do not have Processor Expert available"?

On Ubuntu, I can install "Processor Expert" from "S32 DS > Help > Install New Software.."(attached screenshot) and I can build other SDK examples like hello world and freertos successfully which also use Processor Expert to generate codes, only the "enet_ping_mpc5748g" example has some errors on the "MII Configuration" options as attached in the original post.

VirtualBox_ubuntu_26_09_2017_01_37_03.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James, 

unfortunately Processor Expert is not working correctly under Linux - and also is not officially supported/tested yet. For some projects the PE may be working - for others like enet ping - is not working. 

As Martin suggested - try to run your project under Windows. Other way is take generated source code from Windows and use them in your project under linux (without regenerating sources by Processor Expert). 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

jamesx
Contributor II

Thanks Jiri, this is clear to me now, i will have a try on a windows machine. 

Btw. Do we have a plan on supporting Processor Expert on linux in future?