cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coda VPU in Mainline Kernel

joãorodrigues
Contributor II

Hello. 

I am trying to use GStreamer in an iMX.6 SoC with the mainline kernel (4.13), with the aid of the CODA vpu driver.

Although, when i run gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///home/root/test.mp4, i always get the following kernel message: 

[  386.336530] coda 2040000.vpu: CODA_COMMAND_SEQ_INIT timeout

I have tried various things by now, but was never able to generate an output.

I can only generate an output on my screen with gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink (fbdevsink also works)

Does anyone have a solution for this? What might be the cause of this miss-initialization?

Extra debug info:

CODA is initialized properly by the kernel;

the sink used by gstreamer is imxg2dvideosink (Which i think it is one of the sources of the issue)

CMA memory is set to 64MB (320 MB does not fix it)

Gstreamer ver - 1.8.0

2 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joao,

I faced the same error with kernel 4.13.x. 

Please report it to the Gstreamer mailing list: gstreamer-devel@lists.freedesktop.org 

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi João

mainline releases may lack multimedia libraries as they are proprietary

and this may be posted on mainline mail list.

In general one can look at differencies in various bsps

difference between Yocto Community BSP and Freescale BSP Release 

Full bsps (with all multimedia libraries) are provided in official nxp releases described on

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos