Connecting iphone to i.mx6d, Linux 3.14.52

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting iphone to i.mx6d, Linux 3.14.52

robertniemiqode
Contributor I

I'm trying to connect an iphone over usb to an i.mx6d running Linux 3.14.52. 

The initial configuration shows up correctly, but I don't get the following three alternate settings needed to handle the pairing and setting up usb tethering.

Is this a known issue?

I not getting any error messages from the ci_hdrc controller.

Any ideas that points me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert

one can look at

USB dual role patch for Linux 3.10.17 BSP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

robertniemiqode
Contributor I

Thanks for your suggestion. The first patch was already applied. I applied the second, but I'm not getting any further.

It seems that I cannot set the controller into otg role instead of usb host. I don't get any input nodes in the sys/class directory mentioned and I'm missing the otg part of the debugfs.

Any further suggestions? Could it be that I miss something in the device-tree? Any example of a device-tree node where this works would be greatly appreciated.

/Robert

0 Kudos

robertniemiqode
Contributor I

Further research suggests that dual role is only possible if using USB host0 on the imx6d, since that is the only one that supports OTG. The other three support host only. igorpadykov could you please confirm if this observation is correct? If that is the case I will need to request a hardware change in order to add iphone support to our system.

/Robert

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert

yes this is correct. For details please refer to Chapter 65
Universal Serial Bus Controller (USB) i.MX6DQ Reference Manual
http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/iMX6DQPRM.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos