cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 usb charger driver for kernel 4.2.6

xavierrazavet
Contributor I

Hello,

We work currently with the imx6 and we have a problem with a driver for USB charger detection.

At the beginning of the project, we used the kernel 3.10.17 with the driver linux/drivers/power/driver imx6_usb_charger.c and buildroot2014 with ucLibC.

Now, we want to use a Qt version 5.x with the buildroot2016 package under gLibC compilation (gLibC mandatory for display purpose). The default kernel version is 4.2.6.

And it is impossible to take the kernel 3.10.17 because the lower gLibC in buildroot2016 is the version 2.22. And the kernel 3.10.17 is too old after compilation for this gLibC version 2.22 …

In the link below, the kernel 3.10.17 has been compiled for example with the gLibC, version 2.13:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/319906

So, we must use the kernel 4.2.6 version for this gLibC 2.22 version.

And this kernel does not include the imx6_usb_charger.c driver. And the version dedicated for kernel 3.10.17 is not compatible with kernel 4.2.6

I have found the link below with a driver newer (imx6_usb_charger_Kernel_x.x.x.c):

https://git.congatec.com/arm/imx6_kernel_3.14/commit/dc17a5ff9daf28610ca95aae4c5307f7f2348f46

But this version still not compatibles with the kernel 4.2.6.

May be have you develop an USB charger detection driver compatible with a kernel 4.x.x ?

Or, another solution will be to decrease the gLibC version in the builroot2016 but there are only 2.22 or 2.23 proposed…

Do you know how to decrease the gLibC version in builroot because change the version in “.config” has no effect. If you put 2.13 in “.config” file, in menuconfig, the version 2.22 comes back…

Thanks in advance for your support.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

xavierrazavet
Contributor I

Thans for your reply, Carlos.

I have found the Fonts problem with Qt5.6 => RESOLVED.

Version Qt4.8 :

/buildroot-2014.08/.config - Buildroot 2014.08 Configuration

> Target packages > Graphic libraries and applications (graphic/text) > Qt > Fonts

[*] micro

[*] fixed

[*] helvetica

[ ] japanese

[ ] unicode

Version Qt5.6 :

/buildroot-2016.05/.config - Buildroot 2016.05 Configuration

> Target packages > Fonts, cursors, icons, sounds and themes

*** Cursors ***               

[ ] comix-cursors                 

[ ] obsidian-cursors              

*** Fonts ***                 

[ ] Bitstream Vera                

[ ] cantarell                     

[ ] DejaVu fonts                  

[ ] font-awesome                  

[ ] ghostscript-fonts             

[ ] inconsolata                   

[ ] Liberation (Free fonts)       

*** Icons ***                 

[ ] google-material-design-icons  

[ ] hicolor icon theme            

*** Sounds ***                

[ ] sound-theme-borealis          

[ ] sound-theme-freedesktop       

*** Themes ***

The difference between the both Qt versions is Qt4.8 integrate directly Fonts, while Qt5.6 not.

The Fonts must be set in Target package as Qt5.6 in buildroot2016.

We don't use video, so kernel 3.10.17 + Qt5.6 with QSerialPort is ok for our solution.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

xavierrazavet
Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

In fact, the real problem to try a newer kernel compare to the 3.10.17 is i want to use a new Qt which integrate QSeriaLPort.

My configuration is buildroot2016.05 with kernel 3.10.17 and Qt5.6 for now.

And with this configuration, i have a problem with the font. Impossible to display a text...

No problem if i take Qt4.8. But in this case, i loose the QSerialPort which is not in Qt4.8.

I launch the application with "-platform linuxfb" option

remark: i have tried three kernels with Qt5.6 and the problem is the same, no font:

Someone has already encountered the problem ?

If I launch the application with "-platform eglfs" option, i have the message below which appears on lot of forum.

QEglFSVivIntegration will set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync.
 If this is not desired, you can override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI_BUFFER=1
Could not open egl display
Aborted

Thank you in advance for your reply

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xavier,

In the following link you will find imx-4.1-krogoth

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git/ 

This BSP provides QT5.5

The documentation may be found in our web page depending on the imx you are using. For example if you are using imx6q

www.nxp.com/imx6q >Documentation tab > Supporting information

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can notice that you are not using a BSP released by NXP.  You can find the NXP BSPs releases here: git.freescale.com > fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git

On the other hand there are also BSPs for i.MX porcessors created by a community external to NXP which can be found here: https://github.com/Freescale/

NXP provides support of the BSPs developed by NXP, but unfortunately the releases of the external community or any other BSPs are out of our scope.

If you need support on any of the community's releases you may subscribe the FSL Community BSP mailing list at freescale.github.io to talk directly with the developers and other users (meta-freescale Info Page)

If you are interested you can also hire professional services and paid support at www.nxp.com/services

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos