Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100F0AEP doesn't start

borisovcharenko
Contributor I

Hello all!

Have strange behavior of PMIC MMPF0100F0AEP:

For the first time I've connected to my board with PF Series Programmer, KITPFGUI (rev4.1) read PMIC config, showed all states and voltages but all output voltages except 5V from SWBST are resetting every 30ms. And even when I changed some voltage levels in KITPFGUI they weren't changed on outputs.

Then I disconnected PMIC from load so it should be no voltage LDO power inputs but there was about 4V on VIN1.

The same problem on the second board.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you please confirm which board(s) you are using, please?

Are you using the KITPFPFPGMEVME Rev.B programmer board with an additional custom board or with the KITPF0100SKTEVBE or a different board?

Are you TBB or OTP programming your PMIC?

How is VDDOTP pin connected?

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

borisovcharenko
Contributor I

Hi, Jose!

I'm using KITPFPFPGMEVME Rev.B programmer board with PMIC installed on my custom I.MX6Q board.

I've tried both modes TBB and default OTP with absolutely the same result.

VDDOTP is pulled down through 10k and goes to the programmer's connector.

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Boris,

What do you mean when you mentioned that “all output voltages except 5V from SWBST are resetting every 30ms”? What is the output voltage value of the regulators?

Since VDDOTP is connected to GND, and you are using the “F0”version of the PMIC, you should have the values as shown in Table 10 of the datasheet (http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MMPF0100.pdf) under “F0” column.

And when you mentioned “And even when I changed some voltage levels in KITPFGUI they weren't changed on outputs”, how did you change the voltage level? Using the graphic tool or by using the I2C tool of the GUI?

And clarifying the last point, PMIC would still have voltage on the LDO outputs even if there is no load attached.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

borisovcharenko
Contributor I
What do you mean when you mentioned that “all output voltages except 5V from SWBST are resetting every 30ms”?

All outputs look like on this picture:

3v3_out.bmp

But SWBST output is OK:

5V_SWBST.bmp

What is the output voltage value of the regulators?

Since VDDOTP is connected to GND, and you are using the “F0”version of the PMIC, you should have the values as shown in Table 10 of the datasheet (http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MMPF0100.pdf) under “F0” column.

Yes. In high level they match to values shown in Table 10.

And when you mentioned “And even when I changed some voltage levels in KITPFGUI they weren't changed on outputs”, how did you change the voltage level? Using the graphic tool or by using the I2C tool of the GUI?

I'm using graphic tool in TBB mode.

And clarifying the last point, PMIC would still have voltage on the LDO outputs even if there is no load attached.

I've disconnected input voltage from VIN1 but there is about 4V on this pin:

LDO1_VIN.bmp

Is it normal?

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Boris,

So, if I understand properly, you have 4.0V on VIN1 pin even if you disconnect the voltage source connected to this pin? This is definitely not correct, can you please share your schematics for a review?

Have a great day,
Jose

0 Kudos

borisovcharenko
Contributor I

Hi Jose!

Schematics in attachment. 

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Boris,

Thanks for sharing your schematic, this way it would be easier for me to understand the problem.

Now, if I understand properly, the problem is that you have around 4V on pin 17 (VIN1) of the PMIC when AUX_3V15 is removed, correct? How do you disconnect input voltage from VIN1? By removing resistor R154?

Is JP5 jumper removed after programming? Otherwise there is a short between SYS_4V3 and GEN_3V3 after mounting R158 to position XT23 and R159 on XT24.

Have a great day,
Jose

0 Kudos

borisovcharenko
Contributor I

Hi Jose!

Now, if I understand properly, the problem is that you have around 4V on pin 17 (VIN1) of the PMIC when AUX_3V15 is removed, correct? How do you disconnect input voltage from VIN1? By removing resistor R154? 

Yes. It is one of some problems. And it stays if I resolder to another IC.

Is JP5 jumper removed after programming? Otherwise there is a short between SYS_4V3 and GEN_3V3 after mounting R158 to position XT23 and R159 on XT24.

JP5 removed first before mounting R158 to XT23 and R159 to XT24.

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Boris,

Ok, thanks for the clarification, now, if R154 is placed you have 3.15V on VIN1 (pin 17) or you still have 4.0V?

And VGEN1_1V5 and ETH_1V0 are properly suppling 1.5V and 1.0V respectively, when VIN1 is supplied with 3.15V?

The PMIC can be damaged caused by the 4.0V input voltage on VIN1 pin, but I still don’t understand where can this 4.0V can come from, in the schematic I don’t see anything that can be causing this issue, probably thee is a short in the board or an error in the layout.

Have a great day,
Jose

0 Kudos

borisovcharenko
Contributor I

Hi, Jose!

I found strange warning in KITPFGUI about Vrange HIGH on two channels:

PF_GUI.jpg

And I cannot find anything like this in KTPFSWUG4.pdf

Do you know what does it mean?

0 Kudos

borisovcharenko
Contributor I

Hi Jose!

Thanks for fast replies!

Ok, thanks for the clarification, now, if R154 is placed you have 3.15V on VIN1 (pin 17) or you still have 4.0V?

I set back R154 and now I see this:

AUX_on_VIN1.bmp

And VGEN1_1V5 and ETH_1V0 are properly suppling 1.5V and 1.0V respectively, when VIN1 is supplied with 3.15V?

No. When I try to configure these outputs nothing happens. I see this voltage on both outputs:

ETH_1V0.bmp 

By the way I see that PMIC reacts when I push "Reset PMIC" button in TBB mode and when I change Sequencer time to 4ms. All states get longer.

AUX_3V15:

AUX_on_VIN1_4ms.bmp

VGEN1_1V5 and ETH_1V0:

VGEN1_1V5_4ms.bmp

0 Kudos