Where can I find detailed information on debug configuration options for the LPC-Link2 (Red Link, Link Server) within MCUXpresso?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find detailed information on debug configuration options for the LPC-Link2 (Red Link, Link Server) within MCUXpresso?

jschepler
Contributor III

We are using the Kinetis K64F processor and have started out in KDS.  We are now porting a new application to the MCUXpresso IDE.  We purchased the LPC-Link2 probe to be able to view variables without pausing the debugger.  The probe we typically use is the PEMicro Multi-link.  

There are several settings inside debug configuration for the PE Micro device, including settings to preserve memory regions:

pastedImage_1.png

There are also debug configurations for the LPC-Link2, but where is the documentation located that describes all the settings?  Is there an option to preserve certain memory areas like the PEMicro programmer?

pastedImage_2.png

Please let me know where I can find the documentation for these settings.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Functionality to specifically preserve areas of flash is not present for LinkServer debug connections (ie for CMSIS-DAP probes including LPC-Link2).

However for debug sessions, the LinkServer flash drivers will not erase portions of flash that are not defined by the image being programmed. And if you use the LinkServer GUI flash programmer, then again, unless you select the "mass erase" option, only the programmed sections will be erased.

For general information on LinkServer debug, please see the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide supplied in the product install.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support.

0 Kudos

jschepler
Contributor III

Thanks for the response.  That is good to know no flash will be erased except for what is defined in the image being programmed.

I looked through the MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf but did not find details on debug configurations using LinkServer, that's why I posted in the forum.

I would think that Chapter 9: "Debugging a Project" and Chapter 10: "LinkServer Flash Support" would have some details on the different debug configuration options available, perhaps even a screenshot like up above with descriptions for each area.  However, this screenshot is not found until the Appendix, and no details are described for the different options.

Am I overlooking a section that details the different options?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

Some of the common modifications to the configurations are explained in the section "14.2.1 Editing a Launch Configuration (LinkServer)"

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos