Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Embedded Textbook using FRDM-KL25Z

alexdean
Contributor III

cover.JPG

Hi, I've recently written an introductory textbook based on the FRDM-KL25Z:

Embedded Systems Fundamentals with ARM Cortex-M based Microcontrollers: A Practical Approach, Alexander G. Dean, ARM Education Media, 1st Edition, 2017 ISBN: 978-1-911531-03-6 (print), 978-1-911531-01-2 (eText)

I use the book to support my embedded systems classes at NC State University. The book goes hands-on early, with blinking LEDs and reading switches in Chapter 2. Concurrency is critical for embedded systems, so Chapter 3 looks at scheduling concepts, introducing FSMs, polling, prioritization, preemption, and hardware peripherals. The book also covers essentials such as peripherals (including watchdog timers and DMA), the ARM Cortex-M0+ core, interrupts, the software development toolchain, software structures, and power analysis/reduction on the FRDM-KL25Z.

You can find book details at Embedded Systems Fundamentals with ARM Cortex-M based Microcontrollers: A Practical Approach | Embed... 

The book supports the efficient embedded system development course material I've developed for ARM's university program.

Thanks for any feedback!

0 Kudos
0 Replies