How do everybody debug multiple images together in S32 DS, say 1 for bootloader and 1 for the main image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do everybody debug multiple images together in S32 DS, say 1 for bootloader and 1 for the main image?

zibozhao
Contributor I

I can have S32DS to program both ELF images in a single debug session but can only do source level debugging in the bootloader.

Is there anyway for S32DS to load symbol-only from another ELF file?

I could not find any option available in the RUN menu.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

which MCU and version of S32DS you are using? Here is similar question on community. Basically you can specify multiple .elf files (for symbols) in debug confituration: 

pastedImage_1.png

In Source tab you can setup paths for source and include directories:

pastedImage_2.png

In default debug configuration program stops on break point in the main() function. If you need to debug for example startup code or any other pre-main code - you need to add break point manually. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

zibozhao
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply, Jiri.

I think the example you gave in your answer will work only in the case of debugging 1 image per core, where we can use the launch group to get each core to run a separate debug session with source level debugging.

My issue was more similar to the previous similar question where multiple images for the same core. I guess like the answer in the post pointed out, you can only either adding the bootloader elf into the application project and only debug application or the other way around, but not both at the same time.

The original goal of this question was to see if there is any way to debug both images in a single debug session with all source/symbols loaded.

0 Kudos