Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not get the .elf file after I built the project

zhenanma
Contributor I

Software: S32 Design Studio for Power 1.2

Board: FRDM-KEA128 

I started this with a plain computer(only has windows 7). I use to have error like"fatal error no such file or directory" and "gcc/g++ not found in the PATH". After I installed MinGW and included path and built it, I dont have problems. But when I go debug I do not have the .elf file and it shows "Program file does not exist".pastedImage_1.pngAnd here is my setting pastedImage_2.png

I have worked on this for a long time. Really tried every solution on this website and anything I could find on Google. Can someone give me some assistance. I will be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suspect this project was created in Processor Expert Software, Microcontroller Driver Suite:

Processor Expert Software, Microcontroller Driver Suite|NXP 

I'd recommend you to download it and import the project there.

There are many dependencies to Processor Expert plugins which are not supported by S32DS for ARM.

Hope it helps.

Stan 

0 Kudos

zhenanma
Contributor I

pastedImage_1.png

Also at the Debug Configuration, I could find PE micro debugger which I suppose I should use for my MCU? Do I need to install through help? Or maybe PE micro is not the right debugger?

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't think you can use standalone Processor Expert Software to debug generated project.

The main goal of the tool is to generate C init/driver code which you can then build in any other tool like CodeWarrior.

If you manage to generate an .elf file you can program and debug it in S32 Design Studio. I'd recommend you to use option 2."Executable file importer":

HOWTO: download separate elf/srec file to microcontroller using S32 Design Studio 

Regarding the generator FAILURE: I'd recommend you to submit your question here:

https://community.nxp.com/community/pex 

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

zhenanma
Contributor I

Processor Expert error 2.PNGCan u take a look at this error? It asks me to contact freescale support.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

it looks like that you are using S32DS for Power PC on ARM MCU. For FRDM-KEA128  board you should use S32DS for ARM ver. 1.3 desdign studio. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

pritampatil
Contributor III

I am using  S32DS for ARM ver. 1.3 desdign studio. Still getting same error.

It is unable to generate .elf file.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

can you please attach build console output? 

Jiri

0 Kudos

zhenanma
Contributor I

Thank you for your help. After I installed  S32DS for ARM ver. 1.3.I ran into some new issues."ERROR: Target processor is not selected" Which I have never ran into before using 1.2 version.pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I'm wondering where you crated this SDK/processor expert based project.

S32DS for ARM does not support this type of project for KEA derivative.

The only SDK available for KEA is set of drivers (Example quality code) and has no graphical interface to setup.

Regards,

Stan

0 Kudos

zhenanma
Contributor I

I received this project from someone else and I need to playback this project on a new computer. I only know people who did this used S32 DS(no version specified). I tried V1.2 for power and 1.3 for ARM.  I keep running into these compiling errors.Do think it will be better for you guys to take a look at the project maybe?

0 Kudos