How can I execute code in ram directly by MFGTOOL?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I execute code in ram directly by MFGTOOL?

Jump to solution
weifeng2
Contributor I

hello,

I designed a new board based on imx6ul ,and the board has a UART and USB_OTG port. I have made a image to confirm whether the UART port commication is good,of course the image has already contained essential IVT info to intit the DRAM and clock ,etc.
Now,I want to load the image to DRAM by USB_OTG port and let it run imediatly,I used the MFGTOOL and modified the ucl2.xml document as follows:

<LIST name="imx6ul-test" desc="RUN IN RAM">
<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="firmware/image.img" ifdev="MX6UL">Loading image</CMD>
<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to my image. </CMD>
</LIST>

The MFGTOOL log says "Jump to Ramkernel successfully!" , but my PC UART software has nothing happened,why does it not work? Is my image code problem or this download means is wrong?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi wei

application images in MFG2 Tool folder are images with offset -
written for programming on external boot devices. For USB
load one needs to use images, but without offset.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi wei

application images in MFG2 Tool folder are images with offset -
written for programming on external boot devices. For USB
load one needs to use images, but without offset.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
weifeng2
Contributor I

Ok, Thanks for your answer. I will try it on my board.

0 Kudos