Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL03Z: Current consumption too high in VLLSx states

Jump to solution
gauravbanyal
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am employing VLLS3 and VLL0 in my system design for MCU sleeping with RAM available and without RAM respectively. I have the VCC line to the uC and routed it through a micro-ammeter. Following are the readings I get and I am afraid they are much higher than what is specified in the datasheet. My supply voltage is 2.7v and in VLLS3 state the LPTMR is running based on the LPO clock.

VLLS3 = 4.7uA
VLLS0 = 3.8uA

Please help me in reducing the current consumption. I will be willing to share the schematics in a personal message with NXP.

Thanks in advance,

Gaurav Banyal.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gauravbanyal
Contributor IV

Hello Robin,

Thanks for your inputs and support.

I have been able to solve this issue. After I set-up the pin mux to use pin PTB5 as kPORT_PinDisabledOrAnalog, the current consumption reached to values from the MKL03 specification.

I remember that I had tried this code change before but it never worked before. You know, Firmware can be quite strange at times.

Best regards,

Gaurav.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gaurav Banyal,

You can refer the power_manager demo in SDK_2.2_FRDM-KL03Z. The current in VLLS3 is about 1uA.

power_manager.png

Have you check the hardware of your custom board to avoid extra current leakage? You can refer the tips in Optimizing IO Power Consumption.

Fig3_internalpullupdowncell.JPG

If the current of your custom board is still so high. Please send the schematic and project to me.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gauravbanyal
Contributor IV

Hello Robin,

Thanks for your inputs and support.

I have been able to solve this issue. After I set-up the pin mux to use pin PTB5 as kPORT_PinDisabledOrAnalog, the current consumption reached to values from the MKL03 specification.

I remember that I had tried this code change before but it never worked before. You know, Firmware can be quite strange at times.

Best regards,

Gaurav.

0 Kudos