Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR stress test error

Jump to solution
m_c
Senior Contributor I

DDR3 layout same as SabreSD board.
Four (U1~U4) 16-bits DDR3 with one chip select.
U1 is 0~15 bit
U2 is 16~31 bit
U3 is 32~47 bit
U4 is 48~63 bit

DDR Freq: 396 MHz
t0.1: data is addr test
Address of failure: 0x4f9e5f84
Data was: 0x00005f84
But pattern should match address
Error: failed to run stress test!!!

May we know which DDR3 chip has issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Since "pattern should match address " - high two bytes do not match in Your case.

Look at U2 (16~31 bit) and U4  (48~63 bit).

Also, please try to check the design, using section 1.1 (Schematic and Layout Design Rules) of the DDR3
Porting Guide

Freescale i.MX6 DRAM Port Application Guide-DDR3 

In particular, there is an Excel page named “MX6 DRAM Bus Length Check” in “HW Design Checking List
for i.Mx6”. Designer can use it for layout self-checking. Input trace length of the design into cells in pink circle then, the bottom cell in same column may change to red color if layout breaks the rule.

Recent design checklist may be found at

HW_Design_Checking_List_for_i.MX6DQP6DQ6SDL 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Since "pattern should match address " - high two bytes do not match in Your case.

Look at U2 (16~31 bit) and U4  (48~63 bit).

Also, please try to check the design, using section 1.1 (Schematic and Layout Design Rules) of the DDR3
Porting Guide

Freescale i.MX6 DRAM Port Application Guide-DDR3 

In particular, there is an Excel page named “MX6 DRAM Bus Length Check” in “HW Design Checking List
for i.Mx6”. Designer can use it for layout self-checking. Input trace length of the design into cells in pink circle then, the bottom cell in same column may change to red color if layout breaks the rule.

Recent design checklist may be found at

HW_Design_Checking_List_for_i.MX6DQP6DQ6SDL 

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos