Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL16z don't work in run mode

Jump to solution
carlosalexandre
Contributor II

Hi,

I am developing a program using a kinetis kl16z128. It's works correctly when in "debug mode", but in "run mode", does not boot. It's like if I was not power up or its in reset.

When I click "resume" in debug mode it works correctly. I disconnect the USBDM and reset the board, the programm load do not boot, notinhg works.

I am using CodeWarrior 10.7 and USBDM.

Does anyone know what this problem is?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos Alexandre Ferri,

1. Make sure you download the code in the flash, not the RAM.

After you download the code to the flash, power off and power on the board again, to check whether your application code works or not?

I don't have the USBDM on my side, so I don't know whether it caused by your USBDM.

2.    Check the following properties

pastedImage_1.png

Make sure your are select the ewl, not ewl_hosted.

3. If you are still not OK,

Check whether your USBDM can download the .bin, .hex directly, without the IDE.

Then, you can generate the .hex or .bin to download directly.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos Alexandre Ferri,

1. Make sure you download the code in the flash, not the RAM.

After you download the code to the flash, power off and power on the board again, to check whether your application code works or not?

I don't have the USBDM on my side, so I don't know whether it caused by your USBDM.

2.    Check the following properties

pastedImage_1.png

Make sure your are select the ewl, not ewl_hosted.

3. If you are still not OK,

Check whether your USBDM can download the .bin, .hex directly, without the IDE.

Then, you can generate the .hex or .bin to download directly.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

carlosalexandre
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

Thank you so much for help.

My project was set "ewl_hosted", when I change to "ewl",  it worked right.

Best regards

Alexandre

0 Kudos