cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR mux and configuration.

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello,

As i understood, all the configuration for the DDR is in the configuration file (imximagecfg). I saw the configuration in this file. It has register configuration for the CCM clock, IOMUX SW CTL PAD/GRP and MMCD controller register.

Yet not able to understand, where is the IOMUX MUX software control register configurations ? Whrere will get the related source file in the u-boot? I am using imx6ul controller.

DDR interface with imx6ul controller is dedicated, Is it not necessary to make such pin configuration for the DDR interface?

Regards,

Surendra

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surendra

in uboot it is uboot/board/freescale/mx6ul_14x14_evk/imximage.cfg

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

>DDR interface with imx6ul controller is dedicated, Is it not necessary to

>make such pin configuration for the DDR interface?

right

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Thanks igor !!!. This is what i exactly looking for.

I am using the  MT41K256M16TW-107AIT:P DDR3-L for our custom board. In the imximage.cfg , the configuration also provided for same part number.

I have seen the DDR script aid, which generate the configuration value, https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329899

But in this script aid excle sheet, Memory Type is given upto DDR3-1600, but -107AIT part has speed 1866. This is not listed in the same excle.

Is it fine, in the same excle sheet memorytype kept as is, i.e DDR3-1600 and change the parameter with specify for the -107 AIT in data sheet like tRCD,tRC,tRAS.

In the imximage.cfg file, i saw the delta between part -125 and -107 is calibration register.( i know this values should come from the stress tool which would be fine ) .

I just want to ask, if you have an experience with MT41K256M16TW-107AIT DDR3 part,except  calibration values , if i used all values as is from the cfg file for the custom board. Will it work ?

Thanks for your great Support igor !!!

Thanks& Regards,

Surendra

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surendra

yes it is possible to sellect 1600 grade for 1866 grade design.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos