Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the right LPC1115 library stack

Jump to solution
mariotheodoridi
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

i have just purchased a lpc1115 cmsis-dap board (OM13087).

It features an lpc11u35 debug probe and a lpc1115 target mcu.

I'm trying to build and debug "the blinky" example, but am failing on what seems to me as "library hell".

I've tried nxp_lpcxpresso_11u37h_periph_blinky that came with lpcopen_v2_03_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_11u37h as well as some others like LPC11xx_LatestCMSIS_Libraries.zip from the lpcxpresso-8.2.2 examples.

All fail by not finding some header file or in case of the initial 11u37, which never makes it past 

while (!Chip_Clock_IsUSBPLLLocked()) {}

While i'm not looking for details as to how to fix problem A or B, am rather asking the question what EXACT sample code must i download from where, that will just work(TM).

By EXACT i'm mean the actual package rather that a page with dozens of possible packages to choose from, non of which have a name that would allow me to map my hardware to the proper package.

This is also what seems to me as "library hell".

I'm new to NXP and Cortex chips and while i've already learned a few core difference to the to me familiar atmega chips, i'm still failing to get the proper software stack. Most videos from the video vault omit this step and just start out with the stack already loaded or uses other chip sets.

Some clue sticks on this would really be appreciated.

Thank

Mario

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
converse
Senior Contributor V

For LPC1115, you need the LPCOpen Package for the LPC11C24 (which support the LPC1111/12/13/14/15 as described on this page LPCOpen Software for LPC11XX|NXP  - about halfway down the page).

For ANY LPCOpen package you need to import the either the whole package (easiest) and then build the examples you want, or the example you want AND the 'board' AND 'chip' projects (which provide the headers and the libraries, and are included in the whole package).

So, the package you need is lpcopen_v2_00a_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24.zip (this is included in LPCXpresso, so no need to download anything). Then select the nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky project and build it (it will automatically build the board and chip libraries). Note that you will probably need to modify the project for your board/chip pin mappings, which will be described in the docs).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
converse
Senior Contributor V

For LPC1115, you need the LPCOpen Package for the LPC11C24 (which support the LPC1111/12/13/14/15 as described on this page LPCOpen Software for LPC11XX|NXP  - about halfway down the page).

For ANY LPCOpen package you need to import the either the whole package (easiest) and then build the examples you want, or the example you want AND the 'board' AND 'chip' projects (which provide the headers and the libraries, and are included in the whole package).

So, the package you need is lpcopen_v2_00a_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24.zip (this is included in LPCXpresso, so no need to download anything). Then select the nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky project and build it (it will automatically build the board and chip libraries). Note that you will probably need to modify the project for your board/chip pin mappings, which will be described in the docs).

mariotheodoridi
Contributor I

Thank you Con Verse,

that worked out of the box without having to tweak ports.

You're right it says "supports LPC1115", but i found myself overwhelmed with the sheer amount of downloads on that page. 

Noobie overload.

0 Kudos