cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4080 DDR Memory Configuration

Jump to solution
johnmion
Contributor I

The reference manual states that  "mixing different memory types or unbuffered and registered
DIMMs in the same system is not supported". Does this include using a single-rank and dual-rank module (each one controlled by a different memory controller on the same processor)?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, it does.

I would note that the problem of "mixing different memory types" is around memory interleaving. If you are not going to use interleaving between memory controllers, then you can mix different memory types between controllers, for example to use UDIMMs on one memory controller, and RDIMMs on the other one. If interleaving is required, then configurations of the memory controllers should be identical.

Regards,

Bulat

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, it does.

I would note that the problem of "mixing different memory types" is around memory interleaving. If you are not going to use interleaving between memory controllers, then you can mix different memory types between controllers, for example to use UDIMMs on one memory controller, and RDIMMs on the other one. If interleaving is required, then configurations of the memory controllers should be identical.

Regards,

Bulat