Unable to boot vxWorks 6.9.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to boot vxWorks 6.9.4

frankpare
Contributor I
  • I work for Lockheed Martin, Mitchel Field NY. We recently purchased a T2080RDB-PC evaluation board to run
  • a Windriver 6.9.4 OS. However, we have been unable to get the board to bootup using the bootrom.bin supplied
  • by Windriver. It does bootup the Linux but when I switch over (SW3[5]) the board appears to just hand with no
  • obvious indicators of what is wrong - no screen display at all. I have tried using a known good bootrom.bin
  • supplied by WindRiver support with similar results. Also, there is 5W 200ohm resistor that has one end disconnected.
  • I did verify that the bootrom code is burned in correctly to memory at the address indicated in the target.ref
  • file that is included with the fsl_t2080_rdb BSP (page 3).  The address I burned the bootrom.bin to is
  • 0xebf00000.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, vxWorks OS is proprietary OS, and supported solely by its vendor - WindRiver corporation.

We do not have any experience with this OS here, in NXP online technical support, so I can not comment regarding proper address to burn vxWorks code and etc vxWorks-related questions.

Regarding 5W 200 Ohm resistor - I do not see this resistor in board BOM, could you please submit its reference designator number or photo?

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

frankpare
Contributor I

Hi Alexander –

Is there any possibility we can exchange the Rev.C board for a rev B ? Also, I heard from Windriver that the big difference between Rev B and C may be the RCW file but I don’t have a copy

for the RCW file for RevB equivalent to the vxWorks7 file T2080RDB_RRFFXXP_66_15_1800MHz.bin. Can I get that file from you?

thank

Frank

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Clarification regarding 5W resistor - we have 5W 22 Ohm resistor connected directly at ATX power supply connector, this resistor is used as load for 5V power supply output of ATX power supply, this is necessary for several power supplies to improve power supply stability. If this resistor is disconnected by one end in your case than please connect it between ground (black wire) and +5V (red wire).

0 Kudos