cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about i.MX6 PCIe endpoint?

nickyang
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to use i.MX6 PCIe as endpoint and Windows PC's PCIe as RC (Root Complex) and transfer raw 1080p60 YUV422 video from i.MX6 board's video input to PCIe, then to PC. My questions are:

1) Has anybody done such as a system (i.MX6 PCIe as endpoint and Windows PC's PCIe as RC)?

2) i.MX6 PCIe is fast enough to transfer 1080p60 YUV422 video data to PC?

3) When i.MX6 PCIe is used as endpoint, do I need to worry about Window's side PCIe driver? Or i.MX6 can be recognized by Windows automatically?

4) Can the above job be done with an i.MX6 solo? Or I have to use i.MX6 Quad?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nickyang
Contributor I

Hi, Igor.

Thanks for the reply. I already checked that document. Since that test was done in 2013, I assume 300MB/s feature is supported in the current i.MX6 Linux distribution so I don't need to develop "my own special driver" to support 300MB/s transfer rate. Is it correct?

Do you know any of your customer used i.MX6 PCIe as endpoint to plug into Windows PC PCIe as RC? From my research, most of people use i.MX6 PCIe as RC.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos

hey_sally
Contributor I

Hi Nick,

Have you worked out the  i.MX6 PCIe with Windows PC successfully ?

We are now having a project , the same application as your.

Can you share some of your experience ?

Thanks

Sally

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick

unfortunately I am not aware of efforts of using i.MX6 PCIe with Windows PC, sorry.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick

seems special driver should be developed and one can start with example on

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95014 

it shows throughput perfomance about 300MB/s which in general may be sufficient for

1080p60 YUV422. There are no restrictions for using i.MX6S, choice depends on other

tasks which may affect overall processor bus loading.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos