OM13070 (LPC4337) stuck in RESET

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM13070 (LPC4337) stuck in RESET

rickrigby
Contributor II

OM13070 eval board stuck in RESET. How do I get out of reset? D9 is ON. Of course, I get the Ee(36) error when I try to debug any LPC4337 example program. LpcXpresso V8.2.2 Build 650. I was using the OM13070 eval board without problems for a few days. I've tried the "hold ISP , then press RST, then release ISP" recovery technique. What should I do next?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First read again the Regaining debug access to target MCU FAQ for the correct procedure. Press and hold ISP, press and release RESET, release ISP. Is the reset button stuck by any chance?

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

rickrigby
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply! I've been through that article and done the steps many times today. I would start removing the switch but I actually have 2 eval boards doing the exact same thing. One is the OM13070 and one is the OM13084. I'm quite sure I've done something illegal to put both boards into the same state. I haven't figured out what that is though. I need a "factory reset" for the boards. I've tried the boards on multiple computers, and I have verified that my eval board for the LPC11U68 works just fine. This is definitely something I've done to the boards as far as I can tell.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can't really speculate what has happened. Are you using a JTAG or SWD connection to the board? I suggest you remove power to the board, then reapply power whilst holding down the ISP button. Release the button, then use the flash dialog to mass erase the flash. Once complete, try flashing a do nothing program, like the LPCOpen blinky program.

LPCOPEN-SOFTWARE-FOR-LPC43XX

I think you'll need to login now to download.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

rickrigby
Contributor II

Thanks for all the help on this. I have damaged my OM13070 somehow. When the board is powered up from the USB debug link, D9 comes ON indicating RESET is low. D9 stays ON no matter what I do. Press & hold ISP, then press & hold REST has no effect. My JP1 & JP2 jumpers are positioned for on-board target, the way the board was shipped to me. I purchased another board because I have to keep the project moving. The new board works normally.

Is there any procedure available to repair the OM13070? Otherwise it's old-fashioned hw debug I guess!

0 Kudos