controller stopped working when tried to copy the binary file into the Boot loader. I'm not sure if the file was copied.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controller stopped working when tried to copy the binary file into the Boot loader. I'm not sure if the file was copied.

megatron_sunny
Contributor I

I'm currently working on FRDM K82F controller. My requirement is to interface it with J-link.

I downloaded OpenSDA v2.1 binary file and tried to copy it into the bootloader drive. ( Followed the instructions in the manual Appendix-c). I was holding the reset button till the file was copied into the drive and After the copy was finished I released the reset button. 

Controller stopped working. I could not see it powered when connected to USB drive. This is my 2nd controller stopped working in the same fashion. #Very Urgent

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Satish,

Now If you press RESET and connect the board with PC, could you see the BOOTLOADER disk symbol again? Actually we usually update the OpenSDA firmware as below:

1.Press RESET before connect the frdm board with PC

2.Release RESET after connection with PC.

3.Copy the binary file to the BOOTLOADER disk.

4.detach the device when copy is finished.

Please try above steps and kindly let me know if the problem is still there.

You may refer to SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - OpenSDA / OpenSDA V2  for more details.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

megatron_sunny
Contributor I

Hi Kan Li,

Thanks for reply. Now, if i press reset button I couldn't see the green LED glowing. When I connect my PC through USB device is not being detected. I'm not sure what's the issue. 

0 Kudos