cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About external clock of KV58 tower board

sutter_zhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi , the external clock source on KV58 tower board is 50MHz, but the allowable maximum clock of this source is 48Mhz according to datasheet. Also, when using clock generator on kex.nxp.com, this tool reminds that over 48MHz is not allowed, so I can't use this tool to generate clock configuration codes. Any comments?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sutter zhou,

Sorry for my later reply, I just get the reply from the according department:

Have confirmed with Design that this is a mistake in the KV5x datasheet and a 50 MHz input is fine.  

You can find details from this link:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/445714

Because we are colleague,  you also can post it in our internal community directly.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sutter Zhou,

About this point, I already check it with our according department in the internal community.

After I get the reply, I will let you know!.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos