KDS update now crashing constantly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS update now crashing constantly

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Hi I just searched for new software and it found what I think was some gdb debug update (didnt pay much attention as I just expect updates to work) and now debugging is impossible... KDS is crashing

176300_176300.pngpastedImage_1.png

Every time i go to debug it shows

176301_176301.pngpastedImage_2.png

Appears something is crashing and changing my debug configuration so I have to go select the correct debug config, so I do that then I get

176302_176302.pngpastedImage_3.png

So I have to kill it via task manager

176303_176303.pngpastedImage_4.png

Im literally using this program 10 hours a day, I cant use it any more, i spend all day doing the above since that update.

Also, when I go to debug with freertos now every time i try to break it just stops here so its now impossible to debug anything:

void vPortYield( void )
{
/* Set a PendSV to request a context switch. */
*( portNVIC_INT_CTRL ) = portNVIC_PENDSVSET;

/* Barriers are normally not required but do ensure the code is completely
within the specified behaviour for the architecture. */
__asm volatile( "dsb" );
__asm volatile( "isb" );
}
/*---

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

I just reinstalled everything from scratch, when you go to do the update that kills it it shows this

pastedImage_1.png

but still does the update... and kills it...

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

the 'handshake_failure' is because of SourceForge needing a new Java certificate (see GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure ). KDS is using its own VM, so installing the needed certificates is not what I recommend. Instead, what works for me is to download the zip file from the Releases (Releases · gnuarmeclipse/plug-ins · GitHub ) page and then use that zip file with Help > Install New Software.

I hope this helps,

Erich

PS: I'm very happy with the GNU ARM Eclipse plugins.

0 Kudos

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

So I did it all again without that pe update and its fine now... 65Mb pe micro update destroys KDS debug capablities.

0 Kudos