cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K02 Bootloader no start application after download

felipeoliveira
Contributor II

Hello all,

I´m using k02 - 128 Kb. I can connect and download firmware with KinetisFlashTool. But after download new firmware it no start, my hardware remains in bootloader firmware ( I put a toggle led to test this).

I do offset to 0xa000 in KinetisFlashTool and use led_demo_tower_a000. I test led_demo_tower_0000 and in this case I lost my bootloader. Because it I think that the problem are in memory map.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

felipeoliveira
Contributor II

I come here with more informations.

I am using both the firmware in release mode, Bootloader and led_blink. I am using IAR 7.5 with Kinetis Bootloader 2.0.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Felipe Oliveira,

Please tell me the platform you are using and your operation step.

When you use the flashloader as the bootloader, you need to follow this step:

1. make sure you already install Python in your PC, you can download it from : www.pyhon.org

2. complier flashloader at first

3. complier flashloader_loader, and download it to your flash.

pastedImage_2.png

4, use KinetisFlashTool to download the .bin file in NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\apps\led_demo\MK02F12810\iar\binaries\led_demo_tower_a000

Before you test led_demo_tower_a000, I suggest you test led_demo_tower_0000 on your board at first, whether it can work without the bootloader.

5. After download the app file with bootloader, then reset the board, wait a moment, check the app function.

Please try it again on your side.

Any question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

felipeoliveira
Contributor II

Tnx for your reply Kerry Zhou.

My bootloader worked but no was easy.

I think that I find problems in firmware.

First: I use in my board UART0 and the exemple code have a "case" that no into in "case 0".

pastedImage_1.png

I need changer other points too to preparete firmware to UART0.

After it my bootloader work but it no jump to my application.

I solved it changing my project to KDS, because it have more interface features. With KDS I observed that BL_TARGER_FLASH macro was not being used. So I need change it.

pastedImage_2.png

Now my bootloader work in KDS, I still have make work in IAR.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Felipe Oliveira,

Thank you for your solution sharing.

If you still have question in the IAR bootloader, you also can let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos