cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S19 File Generation Force S1 Question

nhinshaw
Contributor III

Hello,

I am running into an issue with the S19 file generation in Codewarrior.  I am working with a K64F dev board on a custom bootloader, however the software i work with can only work with S1 lines for data in an S19 file.  S1 is only 16 bit addresses, so i shifted all of my code to fit within the bounds; however the generated S19 file from codewarrior still generates S3 lines, just with location 00004000, etc.. is there any way to force codewarrior to use 16 bit addressing on its generated S19 file?

-Thanks for the help

Nate Hinshaw

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nate,

There are several ways.

One way is to use the objcopy utility with the burner.exe (see S-Record Manipulation with GNU objcopy and Burner Utility).

Other than that, I recommend to use the SRecord tool (SRecord 1.64 , see CRC Checksum Generation with ‘SRecord’ Tools for GNU and Eclipse  for other file manipulations): The srec_cat command (see http://srecord.sourceforge.net/man/man1/srec_cat.html) uses by default the smallest possible address size. Otherwise there is the −address-length command which forces a specified address length.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos