cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior SE code object size limitation explanation

jwulff
Contributor I
Hello,

Can someone please explain the free Codewarrior Special Edition code limitation? 

For example, in the Codewarrior for MCUs - Special Edition Rev 6.2 - the code limitation is 32kB for the HCS08.  Is this referring the size of the binary code output that gets directly programmed to the MCU flash, or is this the size of the C language source code files?  Or does this refer to the .o obejct files produced from the C source files?

Thanks,
Jared

Message Edited by jwulff on 2008-07-03 11:22 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
It is referring to
"the size of the binary code output that gets directly programmed to the MCU flash", more specifically to the part of it which was created with the C compiler.
The C source code can be any size (add as many comments as you want) and the size of the object files does also not directly matter.

Daniel
0 Kudos

Leong
Contributor III

Similar question here: Is there a number or numbers that I can read to determine my current code size? Is it the generated bin file size? is it the compiled code size? does it include libraries? library modules that are not used by the linker? If as mentioned ""the size of the binary code output that gets directly programmed to the MCU flash"", then data size also needs to be counted?

0 Kudos