[CW10.7] Can we download S19 file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CW10.7] Can we download S19 file?

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

As you may know, we can download S19 file to target board if we use classic CodeWarrior 6.3 and USB multilink.

But CodeWarrior 6.3 does not running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Therefore, I had installed CodeWarrior 10.7 now, but I cannot find out how to download S19 file to target board using CodeWarrior 10.7 and USB multilink.

Please let us know how to download S19 file to target board using CodeWarrior 10.7 and USB multilink.

Best regards,

Takashima

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello lsao,

On CW10.7 we also can flash the s19 file , please click the "Flash File To Target",

then in the configure view , select your s19 file :

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Alice Yang

Thank you for your reply.

I can setup Flash File to Target programmer task as below and I can download S19 file to S08QE8 target board.

But this programmer task does not store trim value to adjust internal oscillator 36,000 Hz.

If programmer task can support store trim value, please let us know how to setup.

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lsao,

Maybe the below method can help you , you can test it as the steps :

- After you configure the Task, save it : right click your Task, select Expert ,  input a name , for example " test1 ".

pastedImage_1.png

- Click the "Flash File To Target" as i said before , in the "Flash Configure File" select the "test1.xml":

pastedImage_2.png

- Then refer to these steps to do :

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Alice Yang,

Thank you for your reply.

I also setup Advanced Programming Options and check Use custom trim frequency as below.

But Flash File To Target project does not program trim value.

pastedImage_1.png

Can your Flash File To Target project program trim value to target MCU?

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashima,

I test on my side , I'm very sorry for that the flash programmer really can  not trimming the S08 devices.

And  i find this already reported to our developers with internal ticket number

ENGR00278719. Unfortunately, they determined not to fix it due to other

product priorities. 

CW 10.6 flash programmer problem 

However i test using the CW debugger , it can program the trim value .

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

0 Kudos