AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overriding default image generation with yocto

Question asked by Chris Ratliff on Nov 8, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2017 by brendanta

I have been attempting to change the partitioning scheme implemented by default in meta-fsl-arm.  To do this simply There are only two lines I need to modify to create the image I desire in image_types_fsl.bbclass, but I know this is not the Yocto way of doing things.

The two lines are:

Adding :

parted -s ${SDCARD} unit KiB mkpart primary $(expr  ${IMAGE_ROOTFS_ALIGNMENT} \+ ${BOOT_SPACE_ALIGNED} \+ $ROOTFS_SIZE) $(expr ${IMAGE_ROOTFS_ALIGNMENT} \+ ${BOOT_SPACE_ALIGNED} \+ $ROOTFS_SIZE \+ $ROOTFS_SIZE)

to generate_imx_sdcard

and

Modifying:

SDCARD_SIZE=$(expr ${IMAGE_ROOTFS_ALIGNMENT} + ${BOOT_SPACE_ALIGNED} + $ROOTFS_SIZE + ${IMAGE_ROOTFS_ALIGNMENT})

to
 SDCARD_SIZE=$(expr ${IMAGE_ROOTFS_ALIGNMENT} + ${BOOT_SPACE_ALIGNED} + $ROOTFS_SIZE + ${IMAGE_ROOTFS_ALIGNMENT} + $ROOTFS_SIZE + ${IMAGE_ROOTFS_ALIGNMENT})

in IMAGE_CMD_sdcard

I have been attempting to somehow override these functions with functions in my layer with these modifications to do things the Yocto way, but am having trouble achieving this.

I had tried to append to the class with new versions of those two functions which caused built errors. As well as attempting to remove the classes via IMAGE_CLASSES_remove and replaced with my own version and overriding the functions in the class by having the functions in my own image_types_fsl.bbclass file.  These did not work.  Any advice as to how to proceed would be appreciated, thanks.

Outcomes