cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eth0 link is not ready i.MX6 UL EVK

muxedup
Contributor I

Hello,

I just received the i.MX6 ultralite evk today. Booting from the included SD card, both ethernet ports are inactive.

I am running Linux kernel version: Linux imx6ulevk 4.1.15-1.1.0+ga4d2a08

Relevant boot logs:

Configuring network interfaces... fec 20b4000.ethernet eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Micrel KSZ8081 or KSZ8091] (mii_bus:phy_addr=20b4000.ethernet:01, irq=-1)
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

Starting rpcbind daemon...fec 2188000.ethernet eth1: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Micrel KSZ8081 or KSZ8091] (mii_bus:phy_addr=20b4000.ethernet:02, irq=-1)
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready

From ifconfig, both interfaces have valid MAC addresses, but no IP addresses although the interfaces are configured for DHCP:

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:04:9F:04:B3:2A

UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:04:9F:04:B3:2B
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

The status LEDs on the ethernet ports are not even on. 

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

Regards,

Munan Xu

0 Kudos
4 Replies

muxedup
Contributor I

Hello Igor,

I have tried these steps and even downloaded the most current 4.1.15-2 release from the downloads page, but the ethernet is still not working in Linux. Both ethernet ports still report the same link is not ready error, and the link status lights on the ethernet port are not on.

I was able to see that in u-boot the ethernet port is at least active, I don't have tftp or nfs set up currently so I was unable to completely verify the functionality, but uboot was sending out bootp packets.

Regards,

Munan

0 Kudos

zhangjinfei6688
Contributor II

hi Munan Xu!

I use imx6ullevk,has the same problem with you,  How did you solve it at last?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Munan

one can test with other board, for damaged board one can follow
http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support/buy-direct/returns-and-warranty-information:WTBUY_DTD_R...

Best regards
igor

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Munan

please try Demo Images

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_1.1.0_iMX6UL&appType=license&location=null&Parent... 

use Mfg Tool for programming

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX6_L4.1.15_1.1.0_MFG_TOOL&appType=license&location=null... 

is it working in uboot, there are 2 enet ports on the EVK board. The default that uboot
using the one close to the hdmi connector. If you want to use another one, please update u-boot

configuration by changing the file: include/configs/mx6ulevk.h #define CONFIG_FEC_ENET_DEV

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos