AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to add USB Middleware on my KDS+KSDK Project

Question asked by Giuliano Vitor on Oct 26, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 by Gerhard Heinzel

Hello guys,

I'm not an expert on KSDK + KDS, I use to be a user of Codewarrior + Processor Expert when working on my own projectcs. Recently I was assigned to work on professional project and we are using KSDK 2.0 over KDS IDE. I read all documents that I could regarding SDK2.0 and I avoided to use any document from previous ksdk version since 2.0 seems to be changed a lot and many subjects doesn't fit at all.

One difficult that I had was to add USB middleware support to our board project. I did run the USB examples and they have worked fine (fyi, I just focused on CDC). So, the problem wasn't to run the USB itself but bring it to my project (which is a pure KSDK 2.0). It seems to be simple to put other drivers to work but I didn't find any instructions of how to add USB or other middleware like FATFS, MMCAU, etc. At end of day, after hours and hours I brought it to my project after setting project properties and hacking meta file .project (reason? setup by project properties, to create virtual folder, linked file, etc, was a awful and tremendously slow). So, I would like to make sure that I'm doing something wrong, I would like to check whether there is a better way to add a middleware support. Can anyone tell me what is the correc/best way to do this?

Thank you guys,

Outcomes