cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKE02Z Master RX SPI issue

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am having a bit of an issue with the SPI RX(reading data).  I have the following code:

1.    while (!(SPI1_S & SPI_S_SPTEF_MASK))
        {}

2.    SPI1_D = 0xFF; //Generate clocks, this shift data in

3.    //Wait until SPRF clears
      while ((SPI1_S & SPI_S_SPRF_MASK))
      {}

4.   ucData_Read = SPI1_D; //Get the data

surprising enough, if I step through it, I get the data I need.  If I let it run, then my data is 0xFF, which is what I initialize

ucData_Read with.  This is what I understood from the manual section of the SPI.  If the SPTEF is set, then the transmit buffer is empty and the D register is ready to receive data, this is what I am doing with step 1.  In step 2, I generate clocks

to shift data in (I can see the clocks and data in my oscilloscope). If the SPRF is set data is waiting to be read, this is what 

I am doing in step 3.  Finally in step 4, I read the data.

Can someone tell me if I am missing something?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil,

Please modify your code like this:

1.    while (!(SPI1_S & SPI_S_SPTEF_MASK))
        {}

2.    SPI1_D = 0xFF; //Generate clocks, this shift data in

3.    //Wait until SPRF clears
      while (!(SPI1_S & SPI_S_SPRF_MASK))
      {}

4.   ucData_Read = SPI1_D; //Get the data

You use the wrong code configuration, it should be when the SPI Read Buffer Full Flag=0, it should wait for the received data comming, otherwise, SPIx_S[SPRF]=1 means the data available in the receive data buffer.

Please modify it and test it again.

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos