KSDK UART_Adapter Typo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK UART_Adapter Typo

ryanbryngelson
Contributor I

I noticed what looks like a copy/paste error in UART_Adapter.c.  In the LPUART_InitializeUART_Initialize, and LPSCI_Initialize functions, the initialization of the state doesn't assign NULL to pTxData (but instead assigns pRxData twice).  For example...

base = mLpuartBase[instance];
pLpuartStates[instance] = pState;
pState->rxCbParam = 0;
pState->txCbParam = 0;
pState->pRxData = NULL;
pState->pRxData = NULL;
pState->rxSize = 0;
pState->txSize = 0;

I believe the line in red should read:

pState->pTxData = NULL;

Ryan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

It did matter so thank you for letting me know it was the KW41 MCU which is part of an alpha program and not available yet to public.

The source you are referring too is in the connection wireless framework code base and not part of KSDK specifically.  That is why I had trouble finding it and your reply helped me to figure out where that code was located.

I will notify the correct team with your observation.

Thank you again for posting it.

Regards,

David 

ryanbryngelson
Contributor I

Ah, gotcha.  I should have realized it wasn't in the SDK proper since the source file is in the frame directory... my bad.

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

Can you post your project?

If not please let us know which processor, which version of KSDK (1.1/1.2/1.3/2.0), and any other information that may help use look into this.

Regards,

David 

0 Kudos

ryanbryngelson
Contributor I

KSDK 2.0.

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

What processor?

Any other verbose information helpful.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

ryanbryngelson
Contributor I

David,

Please READ the initial post.  I'm pointing out an issue in the source code of KSDK 2.0.  It's not causing me any problems, it's just something I noticed.  If it matters I'm using a KW41Z512, however, I suspect the line of source in question doesn't depend on the MCU I'm using.

Ryan

0 Kudos