cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

commands for the write and read operation at u-boot level in P2020

nareshpuli
Contributor III

Hi,

we built a custom board based on P2020RDB.

What are the commands required to perform the read and write operation for memory(NAND, NOR Flash) at u-boot level 

I need to verify all the memories(NOR,NAND,SPI Flash) on my board(P2020) using a  C program.

1) Please share any sample program or any reference manual to access memories using a C program.

2) Also please share the required header files needed to include in C file.

Regards

Naresh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use also u-boot for NOR, NAND and SPI Flash testing. See u-boot commands for NOR, NAND and SPI Flash reading/writing in u-boot documentation:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nareshpuli
Contributor III

Hi Pavel Chubakov,

Thanks for  helping to me...

Regards

Naresh

Have a nice day..

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior example project provides initialization of the NOR Flash using .tcl file. See attached .tcl file for the P2020RDB board. If you use this example you can read NOR Flash using this program example.

See also flash.c file for NOR Flash burning in the attachment. Similar code can be used on your board.

Our SPI program example can be used for SPI Flash reading/burning.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos