NTAG 1K RF Interface return error code 0x87, what does this mean and its solution ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 1K RF Interface return error code 0x87, what does this mean and its solution ?

kfchoong
Contributor IV

Hi Sir / Madam,

I am reading page location 0xF0 in NTAG 1K (with Pass through enabled and SRAM is mapped to this location), using another NFC device (this NFC device is connected to microcontroller through SPI) .  I get an error message, 0x87, It seems a device time out message, which send back from NXP NTAG 1K.  I am not able to check the description of this code in NTAG 1K datasheet.  Would you please advice what does this mean ?   what are solutions to this error message ? 

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

KF Choong#@@

0 Kudos
2 Replies

kfchoong
Contributor IV

from firmware code file :   lib_PCD.h , by author  MMY Application Team,  it is interpret in  send receive field status error,  as     #define PCD_ERRORCODE_NOTAGFOUND  0x87   .   But I already have a NTAG 1K present, which can be read using handphone apps.  Please advice.  Thank you.

Cheers,

KF Choong

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello KF Choong,

Do you still have this issue?

Please make sure that the Pass-through mode is enabled when trying to read from page 0xF0. Otherwise as shown in the datasheet the tag will respond with a NAK for that address range:

pastedImage_1.png

Also, I don't know what NFC reader or software framework you are using but give a check to the READ command format and the response times:

READ.jpg

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos