cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line flash fails occasionally

Jump to solution
kalleraiskila
Contributor I

I am having problems with flashing my target with a LPCLink2 programmer. Occasionally, when flashing from the command line, the flashing fails with

Ni: LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v8.2 (Jun 30 2016 17:49:22 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 723)
Pc: (  0) Reading remote configuration
Pc: (  5) Remote configuration complete
Nc: connecting to core 0 with handle 0x0 (using server PID -1) gave rc 'Ee(38). Invalid probe index.'
Nc: connecting to core 0 with handle 0x0 (using server PID -1) gave rc 'Ee(38). Invalid probe index.'
Nc: probe unbooted? no core 0?
Ed:02: Failed on connect: Ee(38). Invalid probe index.
Et:31: No connection to emulator device
Pc: (100) Target Connection Failed

This error might show up with one user account while it still works from another one, on the same machine,  with the same target.

I seem to not be able to repeat the problem when running from LPCXpresso GUI, but this might be just a statistical fluke. The failures seem to come "clustered", i.e. if it does not work once, it probably will not work if I retry, either. This makes figuring this out more difficult.

Launching the GUI is not a possible solution here, as I am building up an automated test setup. The command line I use for flashing is generated by the LPCXpresso GUI.

The machine is an Ubuntu 16.04, x86_64. LPCXpresso is version v8.2.0 [Build 647] [2016-07-18].

Any suggestions on what I could try?

thank you in advance,

kalle

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What actually is the command line that you are passing in? Are you passing in a probe index, if so, do you see the same issue if you remove this parameter?

And I presume you are booting the probe first, as per: Booting LPC-Link2 

PS : The following might be useful background if you haven't seen it already: https://community.nxp.com/thread/389139 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What actually is the command line that you are passing in? Are you passing in a probe index, if so, do you see the same issue if you remove this parameter?

And I presume you are booting the probe first, as per: Booting LPC-Link2 

PS : The following might be useful background if you haven't seen it already: https://community.nxp.com/thread/389139 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

kalleraiskila
Contributor I

That booting of the flasher seems to have been it. I had missed that documentation it completely... Thanks for the patience :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos