cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating dts file without mfg tool

Jump to solution
pratyushtomar
Contributor IV

I have a custom board with emmc. I have installed yocto on it using Mfg tool. If I have made changes to dts file and want to update the board how can I update only dts file without Mfg tool since the tool will update whole image on board? With sd card it was pretty easy to change only dts file without any changes to root partition. Is it possible for emmc also?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pratyush Tomar,

I understand your predicament. The easiest way to write the new device tree files to the eMMC would be to edit the Manufacturer Tool’s scripts in order to accomplish this.

Inside the Manufacturing Tool bundle you should have a documentation folder where you will find the Update Command List User Guide. I would recommend starting with the current profile for the eMMC and change the parameters to it just replaces the desired files.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pratyush Tomar,

I understand your predicament. The easiest way to write the new device tree files to the eMMC would be to edit the Manufacturer Tool’s scripts in order to accomplish this.

Inside the Manufacturing Tool bundle you should have a documentation folder where you will find the Update Command List User Guide. I would recommend starting with the current profile for the eMMC and change the parameters to it just replaces the desired files.

Regards,

0 Kudos