cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J-Link not working. Please help

thanhduong
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to program a MKL25Z128xxx4 using a J-Link but I ran into a problem. The error states:

Plug-in ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.jlink was unable to load class      ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.jlink.dsf.LaunchConfigurationDelegate.

ilg/gnuarmeclipse/debug/gdbjtag/dsf/AbstractGnuArmLaunchConfigurationDelegate

I'm not sure what this issue is. For the project in KDS, I have set the project to create a flash image in Project Properties-> C/C++ Build ->Settings -> Toolchains.

Could someone provide some insight on this issue? Please let me know if I need more information as I don't know what the cause of this problem is.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thanh,

- Please be sure the hardware is  connected well , be sure the PC have detect the J-link .

-In the Debug Configurations , please select the J-link debugging :

pastedImage_0.png

- Please first create one simple project to have a try  .

If still can not work ,please take a screenshot about the steps you do , especially the debug configurations ,

the "Main" and "Debugger":

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi Alice, 

I also ran in to same problem as Thanh. I am using KDS 3.0.0 with KSDK 1.3. My target board is Kwikstik K40 V5.0. I created KSDK 1.3 project using the Wizard with MQX Lite OS and Processor Exerpt. 

I have attached the screen shot of Debug Window as you requested Thanh. I just want to know what needs to be done to Debug the project with Kwikstik K40.

best regards,

Mahendran

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Does it work for other project and is it just this project which fails? Can you try with other projects (created by the wizard)?

Otherwise I think you have updated your GNU ARM Eclipse plugins and corrupted them somewhow. I recommend that you get KDS V3.2.0 installed (you can install it side-by-side, so no need to uninstall your current 3.0.0).

I hope this helps,

Erich

mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your suggestion. Error related to the toolchain is resolved with updated KDS 3.2.0.

Now, I have couple of new issues.

1. I stopped the debug session with red square in Debug mode and try connecting again for one of the projects. I got an error saying "Could not connect to the running target".

2. I exited eclipse, disconnected the Kwikstik K40 board from Laptop and then retried debugging Kwikstik K40 (with USB connection to Laptop) from Eclipse Luna SR2 (4.4.2). I got an error saying that "could not connect to target. please check if target is powered and if ribbon cable is plugged properly."

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahendran,

It could be that the GDB server somehow is hanging on your side. You might check the tips and tricks listed here: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/03/debugging-failure-check-list-and-hints/ 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

If I restart the Laptop, I am not getting that issue. Will that be an issue with the RAM and/or processing power of the Laptop.

After restarting, when I tried to Debug, I was presented the error "No source available for "__isr_vector() at 0x0"". Not sure what the issue is. Could you please help me with this.

best regards,

Mahendran

0 Kudos