cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior cannot connect to MPC8377 RDB board

Jump to solution
blackmouse
Contributor I

When I connect to the MPC8377 RDB board, CodeWarrior shows me the error dialog with nothing in its []. And the log says, "ERROR(39): Subcore error encountered during multicore operation" when config_chain. How can I deal with it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. If you use CodeWarrior TAP(integrating both USB and Ethernet ports) in CodeWarrior 8.8, please download and install Patch 8.8.6, please download patch 8.8.6 from CodeWarrior Development Tools for PowerQUICC|NXP , DownLoad Eval->CodeWarrior DS for Power Architecture, Professional Edition (Windows Hosted) WIN Evaluation / Updates.

2. If there is no valid RCW on your target board, please use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file from Debug Version Settings->Remote Debug->Edit Connection->Use JTAG Configuration file, please select an appropriate JTAG configuration file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains\.

3.If your problem remains, please capture CCS log to me to do more investigation.

Please create a sample project following new project wizards, enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable logging, then connect to the target from Debug->Connect, and you will capture CCS log in CodeWarrior IDE, and attach the CCS log.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the CodeWarrior version used?

Adrian

0 Kudos
blackmouse
Contributor I

Version 5.9.0

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. If you use CodeWarrior TAP(integrating both USB and Ethernet ports) in CodeWarrior 8.8, please download and install Patch 8.8.6, please download patch 8.8.6 from CodeWarrior Development Tools for PowerQUICC|NXP , DownLoad Eval->CodeWarrior DS for Power Architecture, Professional Edition (Windows Hosted) WIN Evaluation / Updates.

2. If there is no valid RCW on your target board, please use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file from Debug Version Settings->Remote Debug->Edit Connection->Use JTAG Configuration file, please select an appropriate JTAG configuration file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains\.

3.If your problem remains, please capture CCS log to me to do more investigation.

Please create a sample project following new project wizards, enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable logging, then connect to the target from Debug->Connect, and you will capture CCS log in CodeWarrior IDE, and attach the CCS log.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos