AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPC Newcomer: Do all packages have 5VT pins?

Question asked by Jacopo Monegato on Jul 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 by jeremyzhou

Good day to you all,

I am to design a data logger for product testing (Basically Voltage/Current measurement of the target device power input, UART to receive data from the target device and usb to dump the saved data to a computer for analysis)

I was thinking to use an ARM MCU  for this project and between others i am considering using a NXP LPC11U68JBDxx

I wish to keep the board dimension as small as possible, i would like to use the 48 pin LQFP package variant of the MCU

but looking through the datasheet I see that there are not many 5VT pins, and the indication is only put in the lqfp100 coloums.

does this mean that all 5VT pins are only in the LQFP100? seem strange to me but better double check

The need of 5VT pins comes because all the target boards are 5V powered. In theory only the UART pins will have to interface with the target board and I guess i could use a level translator but, again, tigh space, if i can get away with two pullups, that's better

(On a side note, why not shade the 5VT pins on the PINNING in the datasheet, like all the rest of the world do?)

Outcomes