JTAG not working when oscilloscope is connected to CLK0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG not working when oscilloscope is connected to CLK0

aurimaspaulausk
Contributor I

I'm using LPC4337with J-link debuger in IAR ide. I noticed that when i connect oscilloscope to the CLK0 pin i'm not able to download the software into CPU and debug, I also see the square signal on CLK0 pin during connection. It seems that CLK0 is internally routed to JTAG pins. Why this is happening? The oscolloscope is 1Mohm 15pF.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aurimas,

Are you using a NXP evaluation board? Could you tell us the complete part number being used?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

aurimaspaulausk
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using non NXP manufactured board. It is from Waveshare. Here is the link to the board: http://www.waveshare.com/open4337-c-package-a.htm

I noticed that it is enough to touche the CLK0 pin with the finger and the debug is not working.

I guess CLK0 is connected internally to some circuitry. Because i see signals during the debug on CLK0 pin.

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

this sounds weird. The CLK0 pin normally outputs a clock to the SDRAM, on this board it is used as clock output for the SD-card. But after reset it is configured for EMC_CLK0 function.

The pin 45 of CLK0 is not close to the JTAG pins, so a connection between these pins could only be caused by an external shortcut. Maybe test with an ohm-meter for shortcust between CLK0 and other pins, especially the ones from JTAG.

Regards,

NXP Support Team

0 Kudos