AnsweredAssumed Answered

mbed Device not migrated

Question asked by Sheldon Rubin on Jul 10, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 by Alice_Yang

I appear to be having a Windows 10 problem. It appears that the FRDM-K22F composite USB device is not being migrated.

This is my first time using the FRDM-K22F and the Kinetis Design Studio. I followed the instructions in the online video to install and run the applications and everything worked well until I tried to download the Debug Configuration of hello_world_frdmk22f from GDB OpenOCD Debugging/hello_world_frdmk22f debug cmsis dap to the K22F flash. I get the following error message:

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

KDS never enters the debug mode. I tried using two different USB ports, two different USB cables and I tried resetting the K22F several times. I also tried restarting Kinetis Design Studio and I confirmed that -f kinetis.cfg is present. I then installed the software on a second computer that had a clean install of Windows 10 and only MS Office. I got the same error message.

This is what I installed.; I even reflashed the OpenSDA bootloader:

KSDK v1.3.0 Mainline release for Windows

Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0

KSDK 1.3.0 Eclipse Update

Virtual COM Port Driver mbedWinSerial_16466

TeraTerm connected to mbed Serial Port (COM3) with the correct port settings (115200, 8N1, none)

Outcomes