LPCXpresso 7.2.2 doesn't start properly with a particular workspace (Solved)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso 7.2.2 doesn't start properly with a particular workspace (Solved)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Sun May 10 15:40:29 MST 2015
Hi,

I have my workspaces under Copy.com (similar to Dropbox) and a desktop client for this tool in all my Linux Mint box's. As is, I work with some particular workspace in my desktop PC, and then in my laptop on a daily basis.

Until yesterday everything was ok, but suddenly such a workspace made the IDE to stop when opening it. Only a small gray window shows up with "LPCXpresso" text on the window bar, and then it is stucked.

Thinking it was a problem with Linux Mint 17.1 64Bits box I uninstalled it and then I reinstalled it, but the problem still existed. So I tried with another workspace (also on my Copy.com folder) and LPCXpresso opened it with no problems. So, the conclusion is that there is something wrong with the original workspace I was using, may be it is corrupted.

My question is: Are there ways to repair or fix the workspace in which I don't need to delete or lost the job done?

Thank you!

Update: In the workspace's directory I found the .log file, and within a relevant line:

Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2015-05-10 17:49:09.802
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2015-05-10 17:49:09.874
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.resources (113).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.core.resources.

I'm attaching the complete .log file (with .txt extension) if someone wants to look deeper.

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_7.txt.zip

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Sun May 17 21:55:28 MST 2015
I use Subversion as my source control system on a daily basis, and some of the controlled projects are located in the same workspace. I'll try not to have the WS inside the cloud as you've suggested, so I hope I get used to this way of working quickly  :p

Thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon May 11 00:40:00 MST 2015
In these (rare) circumstances, you should be able to start LPCXpresso (eclipse) using the -clearPersistedState option. From the command line
lpcxpresso -clearPersistedState

However, I would dissuade you from trying to share a workspace using any sort of shared folder (whether it is shared, or through dropbox/box/etc). Workspaces are not designed to be shared.

Instead, I would suggest you use a Source Code Control System, such as Git, Subversion, etc. and checkin/checkout your projects (note - NOT workspaces). There are lots of Eclipse plugins that can be used wtih LPCXpresso to provide an integrated system. Of course, using an SCCS also has the distinct advantage that all your changes are retained, so you can get back to a previous version of your source at any time.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Sun May 10 16:26:11 MST 2015
While keep reading the same thread mentioned before:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=156204&goto=734920&#msg_734920

I found this one, in which everything with "snap" in its name was deleted:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=156204&goto=760436&#msg_760436

It didn't work directly, and in fact I don't know if that help so I recoverd my workspace.

After the workspace opened, I try "import projects" and I choose "(unpacked)". Then I look for the path where my original project was and I tried to import them. The IDE didn't allow me to do so; however, when I unmarked "copy projects into workspace" and then I "Select all", and finally "finish", my workspace came to live again!. So I don't need the newer workspace I created.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Sun May 10 16:16:07 MST 2015
I found  a workaround here:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=156204&goto=734920&#msg_734920

However, the directory .snap didn't exist in the path, but a single file with a name ending in "snap", so I deleted it.

After that the IDE was able to open without problems; nonetheless, none of all my projects were shown in the "projects" tab, so I exercise the last resource: to create a new workspace and then to import all my projects from the previous one, and this workaround worked well.

Needless to say, there should exist in Eclipse a way to recover from this kind of stuff because I lost a couple of hours makeing it to run again.

Cheers!
0 Kudos