cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC is out of allowed range for this license [v7.0.2 Build 102]

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by c0dehunter on Mon Mar 31 01:24:27 MST 2014
I have FULL license and the image size is 229kB. I am using Windows 8 64bit. When trying to debug a project I get this message:

Quote:
10: Could not start execution from stop: Ep(-1). PC is out of allowed range for this license.

I've seen another similar thread but cscript test works and I also have system32 directory in my path. cmd is also in COMPSPEC path.

I've ran crt_emu_cm3_nxp -info-license as specified on support page and got

C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_7.0.2_102\lpcxpresso\bin>crt_emu_cm3_nxp -info-license
Ni: LPCXpresso Debug Driver v6.0 (Mar  7 2014 05:07:54 - crt_emu_cm3_nxp build 1
230)

Ee(36). ftd2xx.dll file load error.

Cr:v LPCXpresso Free License - Download limit is 256K

I've attached the log from within my workspace and yipped the NXPLPCXpresso folder from C:\users\public\.

Original Attachment has been moved to: NXPLPCXpresso.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: log.txt.zip

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by c0dehunter on Mon Mar 31 02:50:37 MST 2014
That's it! Some part of the code slipped through and made the image that big. Thank you for your time!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Mar 31 02:36:36 MST 2014
This is because you have code running at 288k.

The algorithm for enforcing the 256k limit is complex, but it is not simply based on the size of the image - it is also based on the "distance" from the lowest address to the highest (and other restrictions too). Move your code so that is is all located below 256k and you should be fine. Alternatively, purchase an Pro Edition license...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by c0dehunter on Mon Mar 31 02:02:05 MST 2014
The.axf file is available here: dropbox . com /s/p4xr1y9rtu6z1fy/CAN2CAN.axf (I couldn't attach it nor post the link). I am debugging LPC17xx with LPC-Link. About the message with missing dll - I've fixed it. Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Mar 31 01:34:24 MST 2014
You don't state what target you are debugging, or which debug adapter you are trying to use.

Please also post your .axf file, or as a minimum, your .map file.

BTW: it looks like you also have an installation problem - the message "Ee(36). ftd2xx.dll file load error." will not occur if you have installed the product correctly.
0 Kudos