cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch back to developer perspective when ending debug session

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by PJanhonen on Thu Sep 04 02:47:21 MST 2014
Hi!

How can i config ide that it switch automatically to developer perspective when i terminate debug session.

Ide switch to debug perspective nicely when i start debug session.

I find Preferences only switch to debug or run modes.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Sep 04 03:52:44 MST 2014
Not that I know of - but I am happy to be corrected if anybody knows better.

This is why we created the Develop perspective. You can edit the perspective to show the views that you want (drag views around, resize them etc). You can also minimise views when you are not using them. But I do not know of any way to automatically change perspectives, or layout, at then end of a debug session.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by PJanhonen on Thu Sep 04 03:36:37 MST 2014
Yes, I changed settings to switch to debug perspective when debugging.
There is many views that are useful when debugging (variables,Expression..)
but waste of space when editing.

"Note that Eclipse does not provide any way to switch perspectives at the END of a Debug session. It only provides options to switch perspective at the START of a debug session."

Is there another way to show automatically different ide layout when switching editing/debugging ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Sep 04 03:07:29 MST 2014
For LPCXpresso, the default settings are to NOT switch to the Debug perspective when debugging, but to remain in the Develop perspective. Have you changed the setting? If so, why?

Note that Eclipse does not provide any way to switch perspectives at the END of a Debug session. It only provides options to switch perspective at the START of a debug session.
0 Kudos