cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with the LPC1788

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by augustusnaz on Tue Nov 03 04:21:28 MST 2015
Hi guys, I'm just graduating from ATmega 8-bit controllers to NXP LPC processors which is a huge step. I am not so familiar with the lpcxpresso design tools and the IO access syntax or the library commands. Basically my question for now is;
Is the LPCOpen my only choice?
And what's a typical syntax to access the GPIO ports? The examples provided online are not so straight forward.
Thanks  :)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Wed Nov 04 09:26:45 MST 2015
Hi augustusnaz,
Start working and post your questions on this forum. I recommend you to use LPCopen as you will get latest examples and bug fixes, although you can also use CMSIS drivers as mentioned by superfred.
LPCXpresso is free up to 256KB and this size should be okay for most of the low end applications. Hope you enjoy using LPC Microcontrollers.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Nov 04 06:57:04 MST 2015

Quote: Superfred
I made the step from ATmega to ARM Cortex two years ago and never regret it.

:D

And the best thing about changing to ARM Cortex is you don't need to change the toolchain...

ARM Cortex Microcontrollers

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Superfred on Wed Nov 04 05:42:33 MST 2015
I made the step from ATmega to ARM Cortex two years ago and never regret it.

You can use CMSISv2p00_LPC17xx instead of LPCOpen.
See https://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/adc-lpc1769-please-help post #9 for an example (for 1769).
And read the hardware user manual.
0 Kudos