Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso PMSM Motor Control Kit - programming and debugging

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by leon42 on Thu Mar 26 05:15:02 MST 2015
I just bought the LPC1549 Motor Control Kit with the PMSM motor. It was just amazing, that it worked out of the box. I was also able to change the project in IAR and transfer the .bin file onto the board.

But I have a problem. I would firstly like to get deeper understanding of the FOC with preloaded application. But later on I would like to program the microcontroller (LPC1549) with my own program.

How can I do that?

Can I later on program it back as it was when it was delivered?

Best regards,
Jernej
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Mar 30 03:13:00 MST 2015
If you want to debug it, you need to connect to the "Link USB" port- this is the port that the Debugger uses. The Target USB port is the one connected to the LPC1549.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by leon42 on Mon Mar 30 03:06:59 MST 2015
@lpcxpresso-support: Thank you. I will have to connect via a debugger.

@R2D2: As target USB.

Now I am porting the project into Rowley CrossWorks. Hope I will not have any additional problems.

Thank you both.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Mon Mar 30 02:45:11 MST 2015

Quote: leon42
...my LPC1549 Xpresso board is connected via USB.

Link USB or Target USB  :quest:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Mar 30 02:42:54 MST 2015

Quote:
If I try to program flash, I cannot get past Target Emulator selector. I cannot get any target, even though, my LPC1549 Xpresso board is connected via USB. Do I need to change any project settings?

See http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access

If that does not help, tell us EXACTLY what the problem/error is and (if it is an error) post your Debug Log
http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-log
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by leon42 on Mon Mar 30 02:36:32 MST 2015
I got two separate projects.

One is AN11523. This contains an application note and project for LPCXpresso (and Keil). This project works fine, builds fine (to .axf). If I try to program flash, I cannot get past Target Emulator selector. I cannot get any target, even though, my LPC1549 Xpresso board is connected via USB. Do I need to change any project settings?

The second available project from your website is the one at the bottom LPC1500 PMSM FOC Control_v1.1.zip. This one contains an IAR project. If I build it, I am able to load and run the binary via USB Flash download.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Mar 26 09:05:00 MST 2015
Hi leon42,
Good to know that it worked out of the box. You can save binary on your PC by putting device in USB ISP.

Also, you can build and program binary after building it from source. If you do not have source code you can get it from
http://www.lpcware.com/motor_control
0 Kudos