cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum search function broken ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DaveNadler on Mon Oct 17 05:30:50 MST 2011
[FONT=Arial]I tried to search the forum and got this message:

Board message [/FONT]          [INDENT][FONT=Arial]Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]
[/INDENT][FONT=Arial]Following the instructions just gets the same error again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I'm logged in and can post messages...
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Seems like this is broken ?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Along with strange lines at top of page ?

Using latest Firefox 7.0.1 here.

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave
[/FONT]
0 Kudos
10 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxp_admin on Tue Oct 25 06:29:05 MST 2011
I'll see what I can do.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by igorsk on Thu Oct 20 06:53:38 MST 2011

Quote: nxp_admin
Regarding the search: there are no plans at the moment to integrate a Google search in the forum. The search functionality however works correctly from my point of view. Does anyone experiences the error messages as described by the topic starter?

The main issue is not the error messages but the fact that [B]three-letter words are not indexed[/B]. Thus you don't get any results if you search for LCD, DMA, LED, NXP and so on.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DaveNadler on Thu Oct 20 06:06:01 MST 2011

The search functionality however works correctly from my point of view.

[FONT=Arial]Not according to NXP's FAQ, and not according to your customers...
Please consider, at a minimum, adding a menu item that initiates the Google search !
Thanks,
Bes[/FONT]t Regards, Dave
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by whitecoe on Thu Oct 20 03:37:22 MST 2011

The search functionality however works correctly from my point of view. Does anyone experiences the error messages as described by the topic starter?

Not sure about the error message, but there have been a lot of complaints about the forum search being pretty useless over time - suggest using the search function to find them ;)

I presume that the fact that we now have the sticky post about how to search the forum is some acknowledgement of this problem. :D

By the way, there is still  a format problem with the site - or at least a colour problem. Dark blue background with black text is pretty illegible for the following lines on the front forum page...

Quote:

Currently Active Users: 106 (10 members and 96 guests)
LPCXpresso statistics

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxp_admin on Thu Oct 20 03:27:56 MST 2011
Hi,

The header issue has been solved. Due to the go-live of the new redesigned nxp.com website, some shared resources where not available anymore. We fixed this. Regarding the search: there are no plans at the moment to integrate a Google search in the forum. The search functionality however works correctly from my point of view. Does anyone experiences the error messages as described by the topic starter?

regards,
Forum Administrator.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Europe on Tue Oct 18 16:07:05 MST 2011
sorry for the inconvenience, but people are working on it ... :(
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Oct 18 05:54:41 MST 2011
Sorry, CodeRedSupport is just a user of the forum - not the owner/administrator. But this very suggestion has been made to NXP previously. So hopefully it will happen sometime soon....

Regards,
CodeRedSupport.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DaveNadler on Tue Oct 18 05:51:17 MST 2011
[FONT=Arial]Folks, if you know your existing search doesn't work well,
why don't you update this forum to initiate a Google
site-specific search ?
This would help your customers with little effort...
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave
[/FONT]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Oct 17 14:24:37 MST 2011
I can't comment on the fault you are seeing with the search, but to be honest I would suggest that you use a Google site-specific search rather than the forum's own search - as per the sticky thread...

*** Searching the LPCXpresso Forum and Code Red's FAQ site ***

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Oct 17 07:48:41 MST 2011

Quote:

Along with strange lines at top of page ?

Seems to be a major problem which couldn't be solved in 5 days :eek:

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showthread.php?t=2469
0 Kudos