After using FlashMagic to load the LPC1759 I can no longer debug with LPCXpresso - 15: Target error from Commit Flash write

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After using FlashMagic to load the LPC1759 I can no longer debug with LPCXpresso - 15: Target error from Commit Flash write

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mark1 on Tue Aug 27 06:58:11 MST 2013
I had been using LPCXpresso successfully to debug code on a LPC1759 custom board.  I then used the bootloader.  Using FlashMagic I successfully loaded the flash with my application hex file and ran it.

I then tried to use LPCXpresso debug and can no longer get the launch to work.  This is a code red launch config.  I am using an LPC1769 dev kit cut in half so that I have a JTAG debugger to connect to the custom LPC1759 board.

LPCXpresso / the JTAG port had been working properly to launch and debug prior to using FlashMagic, so I'm sure the bootloader did something to affect LPCXpresso ability to launch and flash the part.

I get the following popup window error in LPCXpresso when I launch.
Error reported by target
Reason: 15: Target error from Commit Flash write

Details: 15: Target error from Commit Flash write.  Flash verify operation failed.

What can I do to recover from this error?  Also what do I need to do in FlashMagic to avoid this problem with LPCXpresso?
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Aug 27 07:06:19 MST 2013
Which version of LPCXpresso are you using? You should make sure you are using 5.2.6 - the latest.
From your description, it is possible, but unlikely, that it is caused by Flash Magic. It is more likely to be something your application is doing to put the chip into an unstable (for debug) mode.

For more information, including how to recover, see http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip
0 Kudos