lpcware

Build is displaying "make all" in "Console" window but acually not executing it.

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mhgue on Thu Jul 30 01:47:42 MST 2015
Hello everyone,

using lpcxpresso on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS there was no problem for several weeks. After some days of not using lpcxpresso but updating Ubuntu I am no longer able to build projects from within the IDE. Calling "make -r all" from within a terminal is still OK. But clicking "Build" inside the IDE is displaying "make -r all" inside the "Console" window without actually compiling anything. Doing "Debug" displays "...axf not found" and there really are no object or binary files in the "Debug" directory.

Having a closer look at the console output of lpcxpresso I found:

java.text.ParseException: Cannot read MAC address from []

several times but "Display license type" is still:

License type: FULL
  Debug limit: 256k
  Activation code: ABCD-...-WXYZ
  A FULL copy of LPCXpresso (Free Edition) may be used for production.

I'm not sure if this MAC read failure already was before, so this may be a completely independent fault that has nothing to-do with the build fault. The output of "/bin/ip link" which is called during MAC request looks as usual.

Trying to solve this problem I upgraded lpcxpresso from 7.5.0_254 to 7.9.0_455 without any change of these two effects. I guess something must have changed in my Ubuntu installation, but I have no idea what?

In Linked File not compiling there was an option "Exclude resource from build" mentioned which I cannot find in my IDE. I reverted the project (including settings) to last working subversion revision and even this changed nothing. So I'm sure this has nothing to-do with such settings.

Is it possible to trace command line activity of lpcxpresso to get an idea what really is executed when "make -r all" is displayed inside the "Console" window? Unfortunately there are no paths or prompts and much less information than would be inside a real console.

Thanks in advance

Manfred

Outcomes