lpcware

LPCXpresso IDE Upgrade from 6.1.0 to 7.2.0 Issue - Chip Re-Entering ISP Mode

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ah138468 on Thu Jun 26 08:28:25 MST 2014
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my LPCXpresso IDE from 6.1.0 [Build 164] to 7.2.0 [Build 153].

Existing projects that were created using 6.1.0 work fine in 6.1.0 as well as in 7.2.0. However when I create new projects in 7.2.0 I am facing an issue. When these projects are built into a .bin file and then uploaded to a NXP LPC11U37 401 chip using the In-System Programming (ISP) mode and then reset, a second or two later the chip re-enters ISP mode as oppose to executing the firmware.

I found that by creating a project in 7.2.0 and replacing it's .cproject file with the .cproject from a similar project made in 6.1.0 the problem was solved (after correcting references to the project name). However this is not a proper solution. Looking into the .cproject further I found that the second 'storageModule' tag with the id starting with 'com.crt.advproject.config.exe.debug....' was all that needed to be changed - by copying over this tag's id from the 6.1.0 project to the 7.2.0 project things seemed to work. Again though, this isn't a proper solution.

I am not familiar with Java, which is what I'm guessing this id references as part of the Java based IDE.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or does anyone know what's happening here and what the solution is?

I have attached two workspaces. One was created with 6.1.0 and the other with 7.2.0. They both contain the chip, board and periph_blinky projects from the LPCOpen 2.03(*) examples that work fine as well as another project called 'project' that was created using the wizard with the following settings:

- LPC11Uxx > LPCOpen - C Project.
- Target: LPC11U17/401.
- Included the chip and board library projects.
- All other settings were left as the defaults.

... these projects illustrate the issue.

Also to get the projects to ouput a .bin file I removed the first '#' from: Project Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Build Steps > Post Build Steps > Command.

Thank you for the help!

* - http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc11xx-packages-0

Original Attachment has been moved to: forum.zip

Outcomes